- LJ-cuts SUCK!
- "SCROLLING?OMGWTFBBQ!!!1! Scrolling is hard. Let's click instead!"
WRONG! If something is too long to read, just scroll past it. It will be fine, your computer will not explode, and you will not wear out your scroll wheel. The only reasonable exception is large images which will hose low-bandwidth users; they will be behind cuts.
- Multiple cuts are USELESS!
- When you use multiple LJ-cuts in a single post, they all go onto the same page, just with anchors for each cut. If you click on (hence download) one, you get them all. If you think multiple things need to go behind multiple cuts, use multiple posts instead.
- Friends-locking/member-locking SUCKS!
- Look, people, you're putting info out on the internet. Locking it will not keep it secret or safe. If that is your goal, don't put it on the internet.
This message brought to you by Members For A Sane Internet Experience.