Um, wow, I've been really lax in updating my journal. Let's see. In no particular order:
- I've been seeing several independent films. First was Into Great Silence, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's a 2.5 hour+ unenhanced (no voice-over or musical score) look at one of the world's most ascetic monasteries. So, uh, it's not for everyone. Also was Boy Culture, which was filmed right here in Seattle. Entertaining, funny, and charming, if also somewhat depressing. It's a look into the world of typical Beautiful Gay People, which is... not my world. *sigh* Next up is Who Killed the Electric Car?. Still want an EV-1 so badly. Grrrr. HULK MAD! SMASH GM! SMASH!
- I ordered several new shinys (some electronics, headphones, other toys, and an interesting CD) over a period of 1.5 months. They all arrived on Tuesday.
- As part of this, I got the world's worst idea for a .com. And registered the domain names. I have too many other projects going on right now, but maybe in a year or two I'll do something with them.
- Tons of cooking. That'll be a separate post.
- Took Monday off to go to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Almost all of the flowers were gone. They cut the flowers off so the plants can spend their energy making better bulbs, which is apparently where the real money is. It must have been an early bloom this year. The two main commercial locations were still in bloom, though, and they were very pretty. Must go earlier next year. Bought two bunches of lovely purple ones.
- On the way home from there, I tried to do some clothes shopping at the outlet mall (where I usually have good luck). It was not to be, though, as there were many very nice things, none of which were in my size. The two sizes each smaller and larger, yes, but not the ones I needed. Awesome. I did pick up a bunch of small kitchen items. Microplane graters for $10! How could I say no?
- Went to the Daiso store in Westlake Center, and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was a big letdown. I still have Uwajimaya, though.
- A contact sent me a digitized version of the Eurorails board game map, which was the next big blocker for my burgeoning AI program. Now I have lots more work to do. Yay.
- As predicted, the work badness is looking much less bad. Um, did I post about that? Anyway, they're not canceling Beer Friday (yay!), just moving it to a different place (which, suck, the game room was awesome), and moving it to 4pm (something I completely understand). Also, thanks to our earnings report, the FUD priced into our stock evaporated like the morning dew when it rose 15% after-hours. This was awesome.
- Oh, and my boss increased my quarterly bonus to the maximum. This was also awesome.
2006 photo progress: 904/1704 (53.1%) complete.
- Music:IBM 1401 - Track 1 - Processing Unit